- This event has passed.
Milton Road Library – Your Questions Answered. A virtual event to meet local councillors and discuss the development of the new library and community rooms
Thursday 11 November @ 7:30 pm - 8:45 pmFree
Milton Road Library – Your Questions Answered
Many users of the library have asked for an explanation of:
- the way the new library and community rooms were developed,
- how the work was funded,
- why the site was sold to the county council’s development company, This Land Ltd,
- why the county council has ended up leasing the library and community rooms back,
- the changes in the length of that lease, and
- why the flats are still empty
We, the Friends of Milton Road Library, discussed these questions with the local county councillor Hilary Cox-Condron, and she offered to bring together the relevant councillors to meet local residents and explain it all.
There will be a presentation of the design and development of the new facility then a session of Questions and Answers, and finally a presentation from the Friends about the possibilities for the community making full use of the building as the neighbourhood resource. The community rooms are now available to use again though currently with limitations on numbers while covid is still with us.
The meeting is open to anyone to attend and joining is free to both members and non-members of FMRL.
Tickets are free to both members and non-members. Get your ticket here.
Do please join us.